Cycling betting - where best to bet online
Cycling is difficult, both physically and financially. Not only do the equipment is expensive, so is the bike itself, but the big tournaments with good prize money take place all over the world. On the other hand, three of the most prestigious multi-day events are concentrated in South West Europe, which makes logistics easier. These are the Tour de France, the Giro d'Italia and the Vuelta in Spain. In the UK, cycling is popular with some bookies and their websites feature in our ranking.
However, do not think that there is no competition between cycling betting sites and it is easy to get into the top 10. Let us have a closer look at the parameters used by our experts in compiling the ranking.
Factors affecting cycling betting sites ranking
Cycling has a stable army of fans. And this kind of racing has a special magnetism that leaves no one indifferent, even those who follow an important race for the first time. In addition to the multi-day races there are also one-day races, which often include a real drama at the finish line. Generally speaking, the following factors, analysed by experts, allow to draw a conclusion regarding the betting odds on cycling in Great Britain:
- Security of funds The high degree of security of personal data and materials of each transaction guarantees customer peace of mind. Our ranking includes only cycling betting sites that are able to become a safe haven for all betting enthusiasts interested in cycling.
- Availability of different tournaments You cannot talk about cycling solely in the context of road racing. Apart from them, there are also mountain races, short-distance races on the track and new types, which are appearing almost every day. The best UK bookies can offer a good spread on them too, which puts them at the top of the list.
- The size of the odds The value of a bet is measured by the odds the bookie offers on it. On the other hand, it is the latter's voluntary giving up the profits built into the margin. So along with being at the top of the ranking of sites for betting on cycling, the bookmaker's office deserves praise for its loyalty to customers.
- Promotional offers A welcome bonus linked to cycling is rare, but specialised promotions timed to major tournaments are quite regular. Therefore, the quality of bonus offers from a particular UK bookmaker could not be ignored.
- Betting from a mobile app Constant movement is the lifestyle of the modern man. That's why it's important to stay in touch with your bookmaker even outside the home. A great way to bet on cycling even in the office, or in the car, is with a mobile app. More often than not, the best cycling betting sites in the UK have it available for both iPhone and Android smartphone platforms.
- Quality of financial transactions The availability of a large number of methods for transactions and the speed with which money is credited to the account has always distinguished good UK bookmakers from mediocre ones. In today's environment, you can also introduce such a parameter as zero withdrawal and deposit fees. Only it is able to elevate the company to the status of an absolute leader of our top 10.
- Customer support The speed of response of support workers has always distinguished reliable bookies from those who cannot boast of the stability of their work in the betting market. The quality of the companies in our rating is monitored constantly in this topic. So you can be confident in the results.
- Additional functionality The website and mobile app of a good betting company with betting on cycling should include features that increase the customer's comfort and make their betting more colourful. These include, for example, the possibility of calculating bets at lower odds early on (cash out), the availability of video broadcasts of cycle races and also statistics that are updated online along with the line.
What to bet on in cycling
Given the specific nature of the sport, you can't equate it with other disciplines, especially gambling. You won't find any draws or handicaps here. But there are many unique markets for cycling betting, which also have their own audience. Let's just list the most popular ones with a brief description:
- Winning a race This bet is the most popular in cycling, as it is easy to sort out the specifics. There is a line with odds on each athlete winning a race or a grand prix.
- Stage wins In the case of multi-day events, a particular stage is regarded as a race. The only difference is that here the line already takes into account the dynamics of cyclists passing all the previous stages of the race, which means it is easier for the bettor to make the right choice. On the other hand, don't expect high odds in this market.
- Best in the mountain stages Often there are stages in cycling that are won by the riders during the most prestigious multiday races. These include, above all, mountain races and in bookmakers' betting calculations they are known as the "king of the mountain". That is, it is a bet on the winner of a mountain stage, or several races in a row.
- The leader among the youngsters Racers often become sensational at a very young age. So it's no surprise that bets on young talent also feature in the lines of some UK cycling betting sites. The age limit is usually measured in 25 years, which is a watershed for this betting market.
- Live mode You can 'live' in cycling as well, especially if you know the manner of the riders involved in the race well. The best bookmakers in our rankings will offer you updated odds as soon as the stage starts, and realising that there are those who have a poor start but possess stayer's skills, you can catch some good odds in live betting.