Top golf bookmakers list for 2022
Just like in big tennis, golf tournaments take place almost all year round. Of course, their level of prestige varies. Nevertheless, more and more UK bookies are turning to golf in search of lines for their resources. You can even place a bet on your favourite golfer at bookmakers outside our rankings. But the experts at the project have decided to focus exclusively on the top 5.
Of course, you should study the rules before placing a bet on golf. But there are other nuances in betting on this sport that are important to know. With regular practice, our experts are able to provide you with comprehensive information on this subject. So make sure you study this guide as thoroughly as possible.
How to evaluate UK golf betting sites
While the general list of criteria remains stable, there are some parameters according to which it is important to evaluate betting sites with a golf line. Apart from that, let's go through the main factors such as:
- Reliability of the online resource. Regardless of whether a betting shop customer uses a mobile app or bets on golf using the desktop version of the site, they need reliability and confidence that their finances are under the utmost level of protection. Also, the top five UK bookmakers in this area guarantee that the user's personal details will not be made public.
- Market coverage. Like big tennis, golf has four major tournaments each year. But regional tournaments can also attract national attention if one of the top golfers performs at them. A good bookie, therefore, will ensure that even minor tournaments are well covered on his website, namely with plenty of options for betting.
- Technical support. With maximum mobility and quick decision making, it is important to always stay in touch with the support staff. The companies in our ranking ensure this by providing alternative channels of communication and advice for the official social media pages of the UK bookies.
- Margin size. The odds level must remain high even with the switch to LIVE mode. In addition, the pre-match line is often used by newcomers when choosing a bookmaker to sign up with. That is why our specialists cannot ignore the quotation size parameter when creating the rating.
- Thematic bonuses. Like all UK bettors, golf betting enthusiasts deserve offers that allow them to earn extra. You probably won't come across golf betting markets when looking for a welcome bonus, but promotions on the sport do occur.
- The functionality of the website and mobile app. The presence and position in the top 5 golf betting sites is also influenced by the additional features the betting company has. At first glance, you could do without Cash Out or online statistics. But in reality, all these "little things" have a big influence on the overall impression that the company leaves.
What to Bet on in Golf
It is logical that the specific nature of the game itself creates new markets that are not found in some other disciplines. Nevertheless, as of the second half of 2022, betting on golf in the UK has moved forward anyway. You can now not only speculate on which golfer will win a particular tournament, but also select the following markets:
- Outright - Betting on the winner of a tournament before it starts continues to be at the top of the popularity list among Brits. It is also likely to be an element of a tribute to tradition that is held sacred in the United Kingdom.
- Betting on the cut - this market allows you to predict the course of tournaments. If you think a golfer is incapable of winning an event, but will go a couple of rounds anyway, feel free to use the cut market to your advantage.
- Hole in One - The stray luck of hitting the hole with the first shot in the series could not pass the odds line of popular golf betting sites. Individual companies in our top 5 ranking also have personalised quotes for golfers in this market. There is, after all, a category of fans of this kind of risk.
- Betting on the first round, the section of a match or tournament where sensations are most likely to occur, is at the start. Therefore, reliable bookmakers in the UK were obliged to make it a separate market. Betting on golf thus becomes even more colourful.
- A golfer's finish in the top - as individual events can be incredibly difficult to predict the winner's name, betting companies have offered bets on whether a bettor's favourite will finish in the top 5, top 10 or even top 20. The wider the spread - the easier it is to pick a bet with a profit prospect.
- Where the winner comes from - Given the dominance of certain nations in golf (e.g., the Americans), markets with bets on the nationality of the tournament winner have also become popular of late. There are eight Americans in the world's top 12 as of June 2022 so this market makes sense.
Tipsters' advice on golf betting
In general, expert golf betting tips don't differ much from tennis betting tips. The specifics of the sport are much the same - both are played on open terrain and both are individual. But there are exclusive features of golf, let's find out the tipsters' most versatile tips:
- Terminology and rules of the game. Even at the stage of getting to know the golf odds line, it's important to understand all the intricacies of the rules and familiarise yourself with the terms. There are exclusive words that characterise golf, such as 'par', 'birdies' or 'yardage'. You'll initially be on par with the bookie you're trying to beat if you trivialise the rules in as much detail as possible.
- Variability in weather conditions. Not an unimportant factor for golf, which takes place on open terrain, meaning that lighting and wind direction can vary. Given the light weight of the golf ball, wind speed also plays a major role and directly affects the outcome. In any case, it is important to check the weather forecast for the golf tournament venue before placing your bet.
- Golf betting valuables. Don't place your trust in the UK bookmaker's analysts and bet blindly on favourites. Sensations do happen, including in golf. So it makes sense to check bets with high odds and working odds from time to time.
- Use Live Mode. It is a mistake to think that golf is only available for betting before tournaments, modern bookmakers actively use the live mode on its markets as well. It is clear that with the start of the draws, it is much easier for the punter to orientate himself in the trends of the game and find out who is on a roll today.
- Golfers' form. Just like in tennis, the shape of the players plays a crucial role when choosing a bet on golf. If we are talking about the tops, they are capable of maintaining a high level of play for several months. There is also a category of golfers who are better adapted to changing weather conditions, which is also important to consider.