Where to bet on rugby in the UK in 2022
Rugby is growing in popularity, albeit not too rapidly. And the trend is affecting the whole world, not just the UK. But it is here that the tradition of rugby betting is particularly long, which is why local bookies are quite stable in their attention on this area.
As of 2022, over a hundred countries have their own rugby federations. There are regular World Cups, a Six Nations tournament, the English Premier League and Super League are also on the list of competitions with international interest. The sport itself requires a high level of physical dedication, but for betting fans it's also action-packed matches that keep them busy right to the end. Let's take a look at what there is to know when it comes to finding the best sites to bet on rugby in England.
What to look out for when choosing a betting site
The main criteria for choosing rugby betting sites should remain reliability, good coverage, high odds and additional features like video broadcasts:
- SecurityHaving a license implies a certain level of security, both of the betting shop's website and its mobile app. In the case of the ranking of the best online rugby betting sites from our project, you can be sure that all of its representatives are reliable enough to visit and keep your money.
- A large number of markets for rugby betting A good pre-match line-up without any loss of quality with the move to Live mode guarantees a steady flow of new customers to the betting house. Beginners will be the ones betting on winners and results. As you become more experienced, you will become increasingly interested in halftime/match-type combo bets, first and final results in a match, as well as the outcome of a rugby match by halves.
- Online video broadcasts It is much more convenient for the user if the match he is interested in is shown live at the same venue where the betting took place. A commentary in an understandable language will only add pluses to the karma of such a bookmaker's office.
- Size of odds When betting on rugby it is important to catch the moment, because the movement of the line is often very serious. That is where that bookie, which guarantees the minimum margin, comes in handy. Sometimes such companies also run promotions guaranteeing maximum odds.
The marketing aspect when choosing a bookmaker
Important things to consider when looking for a UK rugby betting provider are their bonus policy, a quality mobile app and timely technical support. Let's examine each of the points in more detail:
- Bonuses When betting on rugby, the bookmaker can offer all sorts of benefits to the client. This applies both to new users and to existing users who have been betting on his site for quite some time.
- Smartphone apps The mere presence of a mobile app does not in itself make the bookmaker a strong player in this matter. The ranking from our project includes only those companies whose smartphone software is fully synchronised with the main resource. Of course, the mobile applications for iOS and AndroidOS should be of equal quality.
- Functionality of the betting site In addition to the availability of video broadcasts, user-friendly features such as cash out, maximum price binding and access to online statistics make the bookmaker's website user-friendly. All this becomes an advantage for the company, all other things being equal in comparison with the competitors.
- Technical support A client may not need help at first, even after a few months and still not once in a while, it is not uncommon for them to call in a specialist. But if the need does arise, it is important that all questions are answered as quickly as possible. That is why a modern support service at UK betting shops operates through several channels of communication.
Advice from experienced tipsters on rugby betting
If you don't know much about rugby, but want to start earning with it, expert tips can help you get started. They are universal, meaning that they don't depend on whether rugby matches are in the Union or League Championship.
The first thing to decide from the start is how much you want to lose if you lose. Beginner bettors make mistakes more often than beginners so it's easy to lose your whole bankroll. That is why the limits set by individual bookies for the first deposit, or for bets, are helpful. Many of the top companies in our ranking have limits that are actively used in practice.
The Rugby Union and Rugby League divisions also play a part when it comes to learning the rules of the game, the intricacies of which can affect the odds. And in general, knowing the rules of the sport being bet on is important to any punter.
Narrowing down your tournament specialisation
Rugby tournaments around the world are also divided into two groups, according to the hemisphere in which they are played. Many experienced tipsters advise sticking with just one group and concentrating on it. That way you'll be used to the specifics, and there's no confusion about the rules.
Learn the Playing Style of Teams and Individuals
Preparing for Rugby matches is not only a matter of studying the odds line, but also of picking teams and individuals for their style of play. Some opt for a high kicking style, others try to score more touchdowns. All of this has a direct impact not only on performance, but also on the coaches' strategic moves during the game. This kind of analysis is also essential for bettors who like to bet live.